The biennial Conference on Biology in Iceland will be held October 14 – 16 2021. As in previous years the conference covers research on all aspects of biology. The conference program is based, as always, almost entirely on submissions from the community.
List of invited plenary speakers
- Eiríkur Steingrímsson, professor of molecular biology at University of Iceland and Chair of the Board of EMBL
- Ingileif Jónsdóttir, professor of immunology at University of Iceland and head of Infectious and Inflammatory disease research at deCODE Genetics
- Þóra Ellen Þórhallsdóttir, professor of botany, Faculty of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Iceland
- Detlev Arendt, developmental biologist and senior scientist at European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) og honorary professor at Rupprechts-Karl-Universität in Heidelberg
- Johannes Krause, Professor for Archaeogenetics, Institute of Zoology and Evolutionary Research at Friedrich Schiller University Jena and Director of the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology
- Haseeb Randhawa, assistant professor of Marine Biology, Faculty of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Iceland
The IceBio conference is organized by the board of the Icelandic Biological Society, with financial aid and other support from the University of Iceland, deCODE Genetics and academic institutions and companies in Iceland.