The biannual Conference on Biology in Iceland will be held October 17 – 19 2019. As in previous years the conference covers research on all aspects of biology.
The conference program is based, as always, almost entirely on submissions from the community.
List of plenary speakers
- Christina Hvilsom, geneticist at Copenhagen Zoo
- Guðmundur Oddur Magnússon (Goddur), professor at Iceland University of the Arts
- Halldór Þorgeirsson, Chair og Iceland’s Climate Council
- Mary I. O’Connor, Associate Professor & Associate Director, Hakai Institute, University of British Columbia
- Snæbjörn Pálsson, professor in Population Biology at the Faculty of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Iceland
- Tómas Grétar Gunnarsson, director – South Iceland Research Centre, University of Iceland
Að lokinni ráðstefnunni, á laugardagskvöldinu, verður haldinn haustfagnaður félagsins á Bryggjunni Brugghúsi við Grandagarð 8 101 Rvk.
The conference is organized by the Icelandic Biology Society, with financial and other support from University of Iceland and academic institutions and companies in Iceland.